• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cape on Arc Fire

Kornaki

Smash Cadet
I discovered on For Glory today that if you opponent uses Robin's arc fire, you can cape it while it burns on the ground and it will hurt Robin when he tries to walk through it. Very niche, but I assume it also works against Ness for whatever it's worth.

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
It does actually work versus ness pk fire as well. In that matchup sometimes I'll purposely get hit by pk-fire at max range just so I can cape it (and its tough to notice the cape come out while mario is getting hit) and force ness to get hit by the fire when he approaches and then combo into grab.

What also works versus ness pk fire is if you mash jab your button is actually fast enough to come out and will bop ness in the face and prevent him from getting a follow up grab. Idk if the jab would go through robin's arcfire though, that I haven't tested.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Interesting, I though it only worked before the "explosion" of the fire happens. Gotta try that out :)

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Not to rain on the parade, but this has been a thing since Melee.

Everything that is status'd as a projectile is reflectable. This include things like Din's Fire, PK Flash, Pikmin, and Villager's Timber.

Last edited:
Top Bottom