• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cape Ledge Glitch

Conway

Smash Cadet
My friend recently discovered that if you are dashing twords a ledge and right before you fall off the edge (pre-falling animnation) you use Mario's Cape (Over Special) Mario is pushed a signifigant distance off the ledge. Possible uses: Edge mind games/Edge Guard.

Try it for yourself, I think it could def be applied to Mario's ledge game.

Sorry if this is common knowledge btw, I rarely go on Mario forums :p

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
My friend recently discovered that if you are dashing twords a ledge and right before you fall off the edge (pre-falling animnation) you use Mario's Cape (Over Special) Mario is pushed a signifigant distance off the ledge. Possible uses: Edge mind games/Edge Guard.

Try it for yourself, I think it could def be applied to Mario's ledge game.

Sorry if this is common knowledge btw, I rarely go on Mario forums :p
That's why you use the search function pal. This is like..the tenth thread on this that practically says the exact same thing.

Thanks for the thought tho, I suppose :dizzy:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's a pretty common tactic. Can't really call it an AT either.

It's used for that surprise caping or to easily close the gap on a opponent during recovery.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
The A.C.E

A erial
C ape
E xtention

Top Bottom