• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cape knockdown

Henrik Lagerholm

Smash Cadet
I've noticed a while back that the cape from both Mario and Doc does a knockback which leads to a free hit, often a d.smash or an f.smash, during certain triggers.

One trigger is when the opponent try to grab and then gets caped during the animation.

Another is the space animals side b around the end of the animation.

anyone knows what else triggers this? I've read parts of dogy's matchup guide where he mentions it, but is there anywhere it say about what triggers it?

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Grabs
Ledge rolling / maybe normal rolling if timed somewhere?
Spacies near the end of Illusion

Bout all I know about. However you don't usually want to achieve that knockdown since that would let them tech and possible get away. If you're reading most of those options, a quicker + stronger punish is probably smarter than hoping they get "tricked" by the knockdown

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
You can also do it during their get up attack off of the edge. I've noticed that most people will roll in prob because they have no idea what just happened:awesome:

Henrik Lagerholm

Smash Cadet
Grabs
Ledge rolling / maybe normal rolling if timed somewhere?
Spacies near the end of Illusion

Bout all I know about. However you don't usually want to achieve that knockdown since that would let them tech and possible get away. If you're reading most of those options, a quicker + stronger punish is probably smarter than hoping they get "tricked" by the knockdown
Ah no, looking at it as an reliable setup is out of discussion :p. But having options, and knowing when it happens will help me (or other perhaps) with further understanding of the game.
Thanks for the reply though, i heard something about the roll knockdown from a fellow smasher but we couldn't time it right, on Link atleast.

Top Bottom