• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cape gliding

Veng

Smash Ace
Theres no advanced tech thread! :(

Can some one explain to me what and how to do cape gliding ( is )?

Also I thought there was some other good techs.

I can stutter step his Fsmash and fludd and that stuff but explain?

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Cape gliding a.k.a. Aerial Cape Extension (A.C.E.) is used when you run towards an edge and cape right when you get to the edge. The resulting momentum will boost you off the stage a considerable distance, allowing you to cape opponents that are farther out. You can still make it back to the stage after this. You can follow up the cape glide with a f-air, u-air, jump to FLUDD and still make it back to the stage.

You can also use the cape glide to travel between platforms quickly.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Cape gliding a.k.a. Aerial Cape Extension (A.C.E.) is used when you run towards an edge and cape right when you get to the edge. The resulting momentum will boost you off the stage a considerable distance, allowing you to cape opponents that are farther out. You can still make it back to the stage after this. You can follow up the cape glide with a f-air, u-air, jump to FLUDD and still make it back to the stage.

You can also use the cape glide to travel between platforms quickly.

isn't there another advanced Tech?

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
The only other advanced technique i know of (besides stutter stepping which is simple) is wave-sliding which i cannot do yet. From what I know, you do a f-tilt and as soon as your back foot hits the ground again, you spot dodge. You should do something like a wavedash and slide backwards a little bit.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
The only other advanced technique i know of (besides stutter stepping which is simple) is wave-sliding which i cannot do yet. From what I know, you do a f-tilt and as soon as your back foot hits the ground again, you spot dodge. You should do something like a wavedash and slide backwards a little bit.
thank u i'll try this out

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This is a noobish question, but what's spot dodging?

SojinX

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the video i should look into this and test this

Top Bottom