• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cape Edgeguard

CodeNameGrapefruit

Smash Rookie
Hey,

I was wondering what I could do to avoid cape edgeguard and spam. I couldnt find any information on it through Google. My friend spams cape. So whem I go to grab the ledge with up B he capes me and I cant grab it. When I try to sweet spot the ledge he drops and does it. When I play Marth, falcon, or spacies this kills me all the time. Was hoping for some advice since im still learning.

Thanks,

CaptainZoso

Smash Rookie
Cape5op4Said. No but seriously, maybe try mixing up your recovering a bit? Doing the same predicable recovery options every time makes his cape game that much easier. Save your 2nd jump instead of blowing it first thing. Sweet spotting has always been the answer though.

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Look for options other than grabbing the ledge.... like with marth, go up higher so that way when you get caped you can just land on the ground... kind of like how good marth's deal with the marth killer. Or just try to stall and bait out the cape and while he's still recovering from his animation grab the edge. Try to just land on stage or hit him. If he's spamming grab ledge inbetween each cape. Cape is a laggy move and should not be spammed.... punish him for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom