• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Win! Please Help!

brn360

Smash Rookie
NNID
brn360
Hey guys. So I have been playing with my friend on Brawl and I am getting completely frustrated because I can't win against him with any character. He uses Lucario mostly, who I also like to use, but I just can't seem to beat him. It always seems like his attacks connect before mine no matter how early or late I start them. Am I missing something or do I just suck balls, and if so, how do I stop sucking?

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Learn the matchup between your main and his. Try to adjust yourself to his fighting style and predict what he's going to do next.

Ike_n_Ike

Smash Cadet
Stop planning your attacks based around what he is currently doing and start attacking based on what he is going to be doing.

Also, be meta-cognoscente; be aware of what you do a lot and purposely don't continue doing it. Make an effort to change your strategy.

Example: Say you play a lot of tilt-game, keep that up for two stocks then on your third stock (or his) start playing strictly air game, or charged B game, or start playing in a style that revolves are grapples/grabs. Keep your opponent guessing and keep yourself guessing and eventually knowing what your opponent is going to do.

Top Bottom