• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't start Project M? (HBC method)

MarioKart7z

Smash Rookie
So i have downloaded the latest project M (3.6), put everything into the SD card, installed some character mods etc.
The Project M launcher appears fine in the Homebrew Channel and i can start it, however when i select PLAY and press A, Project M doesn't boot, it just throws me back to the wii menu. I tried then booting Brawl from disk but it just starts up as vanilla Brawl without Project M. Also, trying to boot Project M again from the launcher after it throws me to the wii menu causes the screen to go black and a screeching noise plays at extremely high volume, ouch. At that point i can't even turn the WiiU off by holding the power button, i have to detach the power cable.

My Brawl disk is the PAL version (i live in Europe), and it's also a 100% legit original store-bought disk, that i originally bought to SmashStackPK my way to HBC installation, back wayyy before i knew Project M even existed at all

Anything i'm doing wrong?

EDIT: After a bit of fiddling around, i found out that the codes file is named RSBE, not RSBP. That means the NTSC version of the game is required... I guess i can't use my real WiiU to do this
(And yes, i tried renaming the file, and launching it through a less-specific launcher [i used WiiLauncher], and the game doesn't even boot, it just sits on a black screen)

Last edited:
Top Bottom