• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't shake these losing streaks FG

great_navi

Smash Rookie
Can anyone relate to this? I get onto FG, I'm winning more than half my matches, 5, maybe 6 games in I lose one, then another..and another. It seems to always turn into a losing streak that I can't get out of and just end up getting so damn frustrated. I just got off FG and my last 10 games were at a 10% win rate..pathetic I know. My overall 1v1 % has dropped to 40% because of these streaks.

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
I didn't know anyone cared about winrate anymore, lol.

But yeah, kind of understand you. Like, sometimes I'm at the top of my game, pulling off combos with Link's projectiles into aerials or Villager's many options like a dream, and other times I can't seem to focus/get with it at all and end up losing.

I think most of us have been there.

great_navi

Smash Rookie
Yes exactly. I mean obviously i play better and smarter when im calm and collected. I think what it is is that once I start losing I obviously get frustrated, when I get frustrated I get impatient and when that happens I'm not playing like "myself" and instead I'm rushing in, playing predictably. I just can't stay patient when losing which is what is hard.

lunaticz0r

Smash Cadet
NNID
gandoe
oh man I know how you feel haha.. I posted a thread with the Q if it is normal to encounter only pro's or near-to-pro level. I keep losing and losing and losing...Most of the times I just quit for a few minutes and re-join when i cooled down and figured out why I lost as many times as I did. Most of the times it is that i start randomly attacking and I don't counter or punish...Maybe you should watch for this yourself! :)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Ever heard of the term "nobody's perfect"?

I mean, I can relate with what you've experienced from the first time I played For Glory. I've had those moments when I was soaring high in the sky from infinity and beyond but I've also had those moments when I was sinking like a ship in the middle of the Atlantic. Whenever that happens, I just take a break from it and do something else for a little while before jumping back into it.

Oh, and I really don't give a **** about my win rate, which was at about 60% from the last time I checked...but that was a long time ago so I don't know what my current win rate is now but I'm not gonna bother checking it at all because it's completely pointless.

I believe we've all been there so you're not the only one.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Bear in mind that things like lag, input delay and unstable connections can impede your performance. You might be doing well in a match, but the connectivity issues can still hold you back.

Kaneki164

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thawk164
3DS FC
5127-2247-5437
It happens to everybody man. Sometimes we have moments where we are playing good and then there are moments where we just start going downhill because....well...online sucks._. But seriously tho I've stopped worrying about ranks because the only thing I care about is getting better and tournaments and the fact I haven't played this game for about a month.....so yeah gl

Top Bottom