• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Canceled D:] Semi-Once-in-Awhile Bowser Board Ditto Tournament 1

B!squick

Smash Master
UPDATE: Due to low interest I've decided to cancel this.

Or the SOIABBDT for short. Rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it?

Make sure you include in your first post of this topic how long/many times you spent sounding that out. This IS mandatory.

The Plan

Each leg of the tournament from sign-ups, to rounds, and a break period between tournaments will last about a week. This should give ample time for everything to happen. Should all of the matches for a round finish ahead of time and I notice such, we'll just roll over the rest of the time of that round to the next one, unless it adds up to about 2 weeks in which case we'll just move the next week ahead one week.
After sign-ups, there will be swiss rounds to get everyone seeds. If enough people sign-up that swiss would go on for too long, participants of the previous tournaments will be given seeds based on overall ranking in the SOIABBDT Leader Bowd. If there are too few newcomers to warrant a swiss round, the final seeds will be randomly assigned to them and the tournament proper will begin without swiss.

In the event a match cannot for any reason be played between players in the allotted time, the winner will be decided by coin flip. Should someone completely fail to get a hold of the person he needs to play against (i.e.: they sign-up and disappear from Smash Boards entirely or something), the win will be given to the person who actually wants to participate in the tournament. Rulings will be done on a case by case basis.

The Rules

Double Elimination
Best of 3 (Grand Finals Best of 5/winner of Losers must win twice)
3 Stock
10 minute Timer
No Items
No Customs
Neutral Stages (Need to figure what the general consensus for those are...)
No stage bans
Rotate hosts
Bowser-cide will be decided by the game (If Sudden Death occurs, play it out.)

Should both players agree upon any alternate rules, that's fine. If you want to decide the winner with Rock/Paper/Seizors, whatever, so long as there is a winner.

If there is a dispute as to who the winner actually is, it'll be decided by coin flip. Please don't take advantage of this to try to steal a win if you lost. This tournament is just for fun, so try to be mature, m'kay?

When signing up, feel free to include alternate means of contact for matches. Primary means should be through either this topic or IM. I might make a group, I don't know.

If you know who you're going to play against in the next round, you and your opponent are free to play your match ahead of schedule. Just try to wait until that round starts to notify me of the results. I don't want to have to scroll back through several pages to figure out who won a match that took place two weeks early or something.

That should cover everything. Leave any thoughts, questions, or complaints about the tournament below. Please bare in mind I have never organized anything like this before, so I fully expect things to go horribly wrong. And if someone could link to helpful materials like a website that'll generate brackets or something, I'd appreciate it.

Good luck and have fun!

Week of 06-13 Dec 2014 [Sign-ups]
Entrants: 7

JayDeth (Steam: PoshBum) Did it about five or six times.
Ranias (3DS only)
Zigsta
Netherfall (3DS only)
TruthOrDare (3DS only)
Toecutter (3DS only)
KingKong

Last edited:

Ranias

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ranias
3DS FC
1864-9368-1757
I'll play if you allow 3ds...

Took me about 3 times, lol.

B!squick

Smash Master
I'll play if you allow 3ds...

Took me about 3 times, lol.
I'm assuming everyone's preferred method will be the Wii U version, however the 3DS version is equally valid. In the event someone with only one version has to play against someone with only the other (can't be helped) I suggest you and your opponent try to find some other way to decide the winner. Otherwise, coin flip.

Seems lame, but I can't figure out an easy way around this. Maybe have separate 3DS and Wii U tournaments? Only problem with that is I don't think there will be enough people signing up to warrant splitting it.

B!squick

Smash Master
Seeing that view count go up and having only two other people sign up is some great feels. Well, the joke's on you guys. I didn't want there to be a semi-once-in-awhile Bowser ditto tournament anyway.

Netherfall

Smash Cadet
NNID
bambamboombop
3DS FC
1822-1445-5706
It sounds fun, but no idea how my schedule is going to pan out in the coming weeks. I can only play on 3DS as well.

B!squick

Smash Master
I don't think there's much point in doing this without at least 8 people, sadly. I didn't think 3 games out anyone's week was too much to ask. :/

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Fellow poverty-bro, reportin' in. :urg:

I could play, but only on 3DS.

B!squick

Smash Master
You guys missed the boat so bad it's already on the way back, lol. If someone else wants to start a new one, feel free.

Top Bottom