• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you save replays in Full set and then watch them correctly in wifi set?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Nope, unfortunately, a simple test would have give you your answer. They don't function in Full Set because they aren't recorded properly, and thus cannot be played back in either version.

GabPR

Smash Lord
Nope, unfortunately, a simple test would have give you your answer. They don't function in Full Set because they aren't recorded properly, and thus cannot be played back in either version.
That sucks, is it something that can be fixed in future patches?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It would involve something like expanding the memory format where replays store their inputs and getting them to recognize the new ones we've added (namely, analog triggers). It's somewhere in the realm of approximately impossible and low on the priority list compared to otherwise improving the gameplay itself.

GabPR

Smash Lord
It would involve something like expanding the memory format where replays store their inputs and getting them to recognize the new ones we've added (namely, analog triggers). It's somewhere in the realm of approximately impossible and low on the priority list compared to otherwise improving the gameplay itself.
Ok, thx for the instant answer, really appreciate it.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
I had a replay of a quick 1-stock (on the full set) where I didn't need to press a trigger, and it's never desynced. Funny you asked this today because just earlier I was thinking about testing if resetting the controller before replaying would keep full set replays safe.
(resetting is where you hold X+Y+Start and optionally L &/or R for a few seconds, so that there's no light press)

Last edited:
Top Bottom