• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you save Brawl replays from Wii on SD card and then play them on Dolphin?

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Title says it all. I know that Brawl doesnt save replays as actual videos. It saves the more like a script so the game can re-generate the match using the data. So therefore you cant play them as videos on a PC. But is it possible to use Dolphin to play the replays so I can screen record them? If you can is there a tutorial which explains how to do it. i couldn't really find one.

ellord

Smash Apprentice
Yes you can do that and I already did it.

You have 3 way to do it:
Hardest way : You can transfert the brawl save file of your wii, but this is the borest and longest thing to do. I don't remember myself.
Easier way. Create a raw file (this file is a virtual SD card) with Dolphin SDCard Maker, put the content of your reel SD card into the raw file with WinImage. (use google to find your software, i don't remember the link) Then place the raw file at C:\Users\%user%Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Wii
Easiest way : Connect your wiimote or use gamecube controller adapter and play directly on dolphin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom