• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you play the Hackless Version of Project M if you have Homebrew?

Airster130

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to get the Patt Edition to work on my Wii but I can't understand how to put the Homebrew version within the Patt Edition files. Since the Patt Edition comes with the hackless version of Project M, can I just use that one even if I have the Homebrew channel or can someone help me figure out how to make the Patt Edition work with Homebrew.

Thank you.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
hackless and homebrew don't like to mix

you could always do riivolution or something like that to play project m from homebrew channel

the homebrew version doesnt have many advantages, really. the project m launcher (the thing you see on the homebrew channel) doesnt work very good.

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
I don't know about this whole Patt edition thing but I have a homebrew'd Wii (and usually use the homebrew version of PM) and I can get the Hackless version to work through the stage maker method fine just by putting that dol file (I think it's boot.dol?) in the root of the SD card. You can find it when you download hackless PM

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Hackless can run on homebrew wiis just fine. You just need all the correct files.

Top Bottom