• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you hack in character/stage textures/PSA using this method?

StreetPassWanter

Smash Apprentice
I think this would be an awesome way to hack brawl without actually hacking it. I hope this isn't "against the rules". If it is, then I don't even see the point of Project M if it's supposed to modify Brawl any way. Why not modify it even more?

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Of course. Tons of people have custom textures and stages. But PSA's won't work properly, because they aren't made with Melee's physics in mind.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Ah I see, you're talking about Stack Smash, which is the launching method that Project M uses on a non-softmodded Wii.

Yeah, as long as you have the modified custom stage file in your SD card, you can do anything you want.

StreetPassWanter

Smash Apprentice
Ah I see, you're talking about Stack Smash, which is the launching method that Project M uses on a non-softmodded Wii.

Yeah, as long as you have the modified custom stage file in your SD card, you can do anything you want.
I'm a bit confused.

I used to Smash Stack to hack my Wii. However, I want a method that doesn't require installing software, yet still uses regular Brawl gameplay plus hacks.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Smash Stack is not installation software. It's just the name given to the "stage builder method" of launching homebrew through Brawl.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
There's nothing to be confused about. If you want to run Brawl hacks on a non-softmodded Wii, Stack Smash is the easiest option. And it already comes with Project M. You don't need to install anything. All you need to do is make sure you have the modified custom stage file that launches Gecko OS inside your SD card. Then you can add or take away anything you want, be it textures, music, stages, etc.

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
If you are asking for a hacked brawl that isn't Project M, go here: http://smashboards.com/forums/brawl-workshop.209/

If you are asking for Project M without melee physics, I am sorry to say that you can't port over the moveset changes from P:M to brawl without redoing much of the stuff that has taken years for the PMBR to make in reverse.

If you wish to apply Brawl PSAs to Project M, please note that even if they don't crash the game instantly, the physics probably won't line up and most of the attacks will either one hit opponents or do zero knockback.

Kati

Smash Lord
One does not simply "remove melee physics." This mod is much more complex than its forebears.

Top Bottom