• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Wario eat the tree?

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Can eat it after it gets chopped down, but not before, I believe.

His bite seems to work on everything that Villager's Pocket does.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Does that mean Wario can absorb links final smash?
No...

Villager dodged it with Pocket's generous intangibility frames.

It's honestly starting to bug me how many people keep misinterpreting what's happening in that video.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Does Wario's bite have invincibility frames? Also I did know about the villager pocket not being able to pick up final smashes, Just forgot while typing the comment. Sorry.

Wafty

Smash Apprentice
That's amazing, gimping Ness will be 10/10 fun times now.

Can Wario eat/bite luma?
He can't eat or bite Luma. He can eat a Megaman Fsmash, Lucario aura ball, Ness pk fire and thats all i know for now

Bralef

Smash Cadet
You mean Chomp isn't just limited to things you can hold? That's amazing! You're telling me if Lucario blasts a full power Aura Sphere at me, I can just EAT it?

Rakurai

Smash Ace
You mean Chomp isn't just limited to things you can hold? That's amazing! You're telling me if Lucario blasts a full power Aura Sphere at me, I can just EAT it?
Yep.

Never again shall Wario take a projectile to the face for missing a bite.

Also, it might just be my imagination, but it seems like eating projectiles makes the waft charge faster, in addition to previously confirmed increase from items. Haven't seen any serious testing done, but the waft seemed to reach max charge sooner when Wario was eating Mario's fireball spam.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
well i didnt know wario could eat projectiles lol
i learned something new today

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Uh...Can I get some video footage confirming this?

Seems like it's hitbox-dependent. Couldn't eat PK Thunder but could eat stuff he previously couldn't, like Samus Charge Shot and missiles.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
It seems like the main issue with eating things is how much smaller the bite's hitbox is then in Brawl. You can't reliably eat large projectiles like Samus' fully charged shot without getting hit by them.

EDIT: On a random sidenote, Wario heals both from eating items and projectiles fired by items. Doesn't heal from standard projectiles, though. He also only seems to gain gas when he heals from eating something.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
So...

Wario can eat Olimar's Pikmin if they're being thrown at him with side B. I find that both hilarious and slightly disturbing.

They're probably the best projectile for demonstrating how bad the projectile catching radius on his bite is, though, as if you're not invincible, most of the Pikmin will still latch onto you even if they appear to hitting Wario squarely in the mouth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom