• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can thrown Bananas stick to moving surfaces? Video Included

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I was playing on Lylat Cruise not too long ago and my opponent threw a Banana towards the side of Lylat that was rising... And somehow the Banana got stuck on the corner, spinning like crazy. How did this happen? Could it be abused somehow? (I haven't reproduced it yet, but I want to see what running into a Banana stuck like this would do)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_sV_7TMQqg

DFEAR

Smash Hero
the song at the end is always priceless.

hmmm unless maybe theyre trying to recover from that side at the moment and they was recovering from below xD...dunno too situational if u ask me o.o

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
the song at the end is always priceless.

hmmm unless maybe theyre trying to recover from that side at the moment and they was recovering from below xD...dunno too situational if u ask me o.o
Situational to the extreme, yes :p

I'm mostly curious to know if it can be done in another, more-easily-abused, location.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
kinda related: if you get a naner up on the platform of smashville and slowly push it to the edge and stay right next to it, it'll vibrate and make noises lol
Rofl, I've done that a lot on accident. I wonder if there is anything to be had in Bananas and the many glitches they have with edges :laugh: It'd be so awesome, all of a sudden the Diddy mains are scrambling to put a Banana on the edge while the opponent is recovering or something. It'd be like ROB's Gyro! Alas, mere speculation.

b1anK

Smash Apprentice
quite a situational find

this would make for an amazing victory dance though if you could get it to spin when Diddy does his pointing taunt.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Lol, so it DOES hit another player. And yours did it when Lylat was angled down, as oppose to what I thought was happening (the edge catching the Banana as Lylat tilted upward). The main thing I'm curious to find out is why, though :p
I just said I believe it is slanted surfaces since I had done it both on YI and Lylat and never on any other stages.

Top Bottom