• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone tell me what the MLG rules are, exactly?

Werdnabirdna

Smash Rookie
I went to the site, and I couldn't find the rules for SSBM, so if someone could link me or tell me that would be nice :D

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Here's a quick reply, definitely not all-encompassing:

4 stock, time limit 8 minutes
Advanced slob picks (loser picks stage -> winner picks character -> loser picks character)
One stage ban per player or team
First random stage in a match can be reset (1 reset/ set / player or team, for 1st match only)
Stages on random select (singles): FD, DL64, YS, BF, FoD, PS
Stages on random select (teams): FD, DL64, YS, BF, PS, DK64, RR
Counterpick stages: Mute City (singles only), Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria, Poké Floats
Banned stages: The rest unless I missed some. Mute City and FoD are banned in teams because of slowdown. Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom II are allowed in teams but banned in singles. Onett I'm not quite sure of, I think it's banned in both competitions.

Hmm, did I forget anything crucial? Not 100 % sure about all the stage rules, the rules changed throughout the season.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
I'm not saying I'm not respecting them, i'm just saying that I find they shouldn't be referred to as MLG rules, since they're not using those rules anymore.
But hey, who am I? :p

Top Bottom