• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone fill me in on a few things?

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Firstly, what are "CG's"? I've heard the term used a few times.

Secondly, can someone explain why footstooling wins with the IC's and how to use footstooling effectively?

Straylit

Smash Cadet
Sure thing.
CG's stand for Chain grabs. Chain grabs are when a character can perpetually alternate grabbing another character without them being able escape. A quick browse through the threads of the Ice Climbers forum will give you vids. Probably the most well known IC and CG player on these forums is VirtualVoid, so go to his video thread if your interesting in learning them

And footstooling with the IC's are most commonly used in the down-throw+nana stool combo. This is done by grabbing, doing a down grab and during the down throw animation having Nana short hop and tapping the jump buttom in such a way where they will bounce into the footstool.

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
I know, I've seen all of VIrtualVoid's videos on youtube, they're great.

I know about chain grabbing, just not the abbreviated form. Thanks : D

Top Bottom