• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone explain what happened here??

PKEarthbound

Smash Cadet
NNID
okeyylmao
3DS FC
3969-7077-0272
I've been playing for a long time and I've NEVER seen this happen with any of my PK Fires. It happens around the 16 second mark

Last edited:

PKEarthbound

Smash Cadet
NNID
okeyylmao
3DS FC
3969-7077-0272
Really? I thought it was just something thats possible but maybe I've never heard about it or something, still begs the question though

Last edited:

Jee412

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jee412
The fact that you were airborn but it still went straight is weird, normaly the pkfire cancel when you touch the ground.

PKEarthbound

Smash Cadet
NNID
okeyylmao
3DS FC
3969-7077-0272
I know, I was sort of confused on whether or not it actually happened so I kept a recording of the match and saw it a bit afterwards.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Its simply Pk fire when landing, but it only seems to works by the edge of a stage. Just flipped opened my 3ds and tested and yeah it's doable.
But was only able to land the Shot from a 'Perfect Pivot's Length away from the edge then simply time the PK fire accordingly. ^_^

It may have something to do with the wonky Edge physics(i.e- Villager's Teleporting Bowling ball,), but i can tell for sure. I couldn't land the move wheni was in the middle of the stage. This seems pretty useless in all honesty xD But i had nothing to do haha

Last edited:

PKEarthbound

Smash Cadet
NNID
okeyylmao
3DS FC
3969-7077-0272
Oh okay then, i thought it would be something like that because the distance between me and the end of the stage was sort of the same as the distance when you're doing the bowling ball glitch. Thanks for clearing it up :3

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Yeah this was something I discovered in Brawl. I called it aerial horizontal PKF.

Simply landing at the perfect frame during an aerial PKF causes it to fly horizontally, but only for a short distance before it gets eaten by the ground. If you do it near an edge or on a slope however, it'll go the full distance.

Top Bottom