• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can she no longer spike?

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
I turned on debug mode to find only one hitzone for her dair, as I noticed I wasn't spiking anymore. Has it been removed as a sweet spot, I didn't see anything other than a single red circle around the spores.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Her Dair meteor is timing based, not spacing based. Hit during the first few frames to meteor an opponent.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It has been as I described it since at least 3.0. The meteor hitbox is active for 1 frame before becoming much larger and no longer meteoring.

Last edited:

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
I swear there was this frame data thread that showed the larger hitbox and then the sweet spot hitbox, but I don't remember if it was before or after 3.0.

Wait, is that smaller hitzone under the larger one? I feel like debug mode in PM doesn't advance it by single frames.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No; the two hitboxes I described are never active at the same time. The larger one that does not meteor replaces the smaller one that does one frame after it becomes active.

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
Oh ok, so it's not a simultaneous situation, it's a chronological situation?

SuruStorm

Smash Cadet
Exactly, I've seen that image and I'm upset with it as it's rather misleading, 1 frame of tiny spike hitbox which heals and poisons, followed by normal hitbox, they are never both active.

Top Bottom