• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Roy perfect waveland?

M-Tude

Smash Cadet
I've been trying recently to PWL with roy--I can do it from a DJ at very specific and not very useful timings--but can you PWL on the way up to a side plat from a FJ? I can't seem to do it, but I think it's something that Roy's movement would benefit a lot from since his WD is so good.

Frame data or tips would be appreciated

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying recently to PWL with roy--I can do it from a DJ at very specific and not very useful timings--but can you PWL on the way up to a side plat from a FJ? I can't seem to do it, but I think it's something that Roy's movement would benefit a lot from since his WD is so good.

Frame data or tips would be appreciated
Every character can perfect waveland...
Its all about timing

M-Tude

Smash Cadet
Yeah but certain characters can only do it in specific situations. Like CF cannot perfect WL on the way up to a side platform from his backwards FJ, only from his neutral FJ.

I haven't gotten it once with roy so far so I'm wondering if he also cannot PWL on the way up from his jumps. I'm inclined to believe it might be a bit more complicated than timing for Roy.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
I see what you are asking. I think I have gotten one from a normal fj before on yoshi's. I know for a fact that you can get one from an instant dj on battlefield.

Top Bottom