• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Pit's B-forward (continuous) help you grab the ledge? SOLVED!

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=6QS0rlglH8c&feature=related

It seems DEHF tries to do that at the end of this match. He also does that in round one and suicides both times. I've never seen any Pit do it. DEHF has tried unsuccessfully. I skipped round 3 and 4.

The only reason to use this, if one's able to grab the ledge while doing it, is to have some sort of defense reaching the ledge. DI is often good enough.

SOLVED: DEHF did it because he was hit during his B-UP and couldn't make it back.

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
This is an honest question to DEHF because he was the one doing it. Was it a mistake or no?

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
Simple, he did it because he couldn't upB again and nothing to do but be desperate.

Oh and to answer your question, no you can't use SideB to grab the ledge nor does it give you momentum forward.

TheKingofBrawl

Smash Cadet
And it has ending lag and a slight bigger downward momentum, so if you used all of your jumps and your below the stage, you're screwed, because the ^B doesn't let you go up until after around 1/2 of a second. AKA, long enough to fall to your doom.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Pit's up-b is actually based off momentum. If you jump right before using up-b, Pit will start going up immediately (although at no speed).

Otherwise, you're correct if he's falling and uses up-b.

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
Simple, he did it because he couldn't upB again and nothing to do but be desperate.

Oh and to answer your question, no you can't use SideB to grab the ledge nor does it give you momentum forward.
This answers my question. Thanks. I notice that any Pit player will inadvertently do the same in the same situation.

Top Bottom