• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Pikachu's Thunder be used as a meteor smash?

CrabsforBreakfast

Smash Rookie
NNID
PikaBagel
I was fighting a Lv 9 random who turned into peach with my Pikachu, and one their last stock when they were way above the edge I down specialed and they plummeted down like a meteor smash. Does this ever happen? or did I find a new strategy.
(I'll upload a video of the replay later, but my phone is dead)

D

Deleted member

Yōkoso Smashboards. Do be careful not to double post.
Now, if I recall correctly from reading frame data, Thunder will spike if it hits near the cloud, not the actual thunderbolt.

Sayonara :kirby:

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
Thunder is a meteor smash if your opponent hits the cloud before the lightning bolt. This is why Pikachu's up throw to Thunder is a true combo. At certain percentages, the up throw will set up the opponent at just the right height to be hit by the cloud, spiking them back down to Pikachu while the hitbox of the lightning bolt hitting him is still active.

Mafew

Smash Rookie
Yes it meteors when landed in the sweet spot. The meteor can bring the opponent into Pikachu’s body for big damage and knock back. If you and your opponent are both off the stage and thunder hits the sweet spot then you get out of the way (you need to have momentum before useing thunder to get out of the way) then they will be meteored into the blast zone at the bottom of the screen.

Short Answer: Yes

Top Bottom