• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Momentum Storing

poo-gas

Smash Cadet
NNID
loudgreenpanda
3DS FC
1006-0775-5283
I noticed this last night playing against my friends fox. It seems like when small weak attacks like fox/falco's laser and megaman's lemons hit the can it will not only change the direction of the can but also the can will hold the momentum of the attack until it is hit or shot and then it will go flying in the direction the lasers hit it in.

I wish i had video and when i get back home next week I'll try to get some and post them. In the mean time has any one else seen this and knows why it happens or at least how to get rid of that momentum and send the can where you want?

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Yeah I see that a lot when I play against my flatmates Shiek. I throw out a can, he throws out needles. The needles hit the can and it flips in place. I then can't activate it again for a few seconds and when I can it goes the other way. On top of that, the can becomes theirs for a couple of seconds and if I touch the can before it lands on the ground again, it explodes. It's very annoying.

As for why it happens, I wish I could tell you. Some projectiles just cause the can to go haywire. It seems so random at times...

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
I think we all face this problem and it doesn't make any sense. Do you think we have to hit it (whether it be a Fair, Bair, Clay Pigeon, Gunmen) after it hits the ground? I think we would have to because the time it takes to move the can after the opponent hits it is too long.

poo-gas

Smash Cadet
NNID
loudgreenpanda
3DS FC
1006-0775-5283
As far as control of the can, yes any time another player hits the can they gain "ownership" of it for a short time, much like when fox or mario reflect something, hitting it our self will give us back control of the can. With the momentum storing though hitting the can will send it flying off stage usually

Top Bottom