• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can King Dedede eat Ryu's fireballs?

Would you dare me to eat Ryu's Fireballs?

• Eat it right now or I'll call PETA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fireballs are bad for your health

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Ol' King Dedede

Smash Cadet
I'm just wondering cuz I see a lot of Ryus nowadays if I can eat them with the Inhale move.

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
This question probably should've been in the Q&A Thread instead, but since it's here as of this post, I'll figuratively bite.

Yes, Triple D actually can swallow even the red Shakunetsu Hadoukens whole, through I'd recommend using Neutral 3 (Taste Test) for this, due to it having the quickest start-up & endlag in comparison to his Neutral 1. Neutral 2, Dedede Storm, on top of having the longest start-up & endlag out of the 3 Neutral B moves, will not swallow any fireballs at all. In fact, it will straight up lose to them. As a note, you won't heal from doing this at all, whether with Neutral 1 or 3.

I'd be careful about attempting to swallow Hadoukens while Ryu's rather close to you, since you will incur significant endlag upon swallowing a fireball, and while Ryu may not have the speedy frame data surrounding his Hadoukens like he did in Super Turbo as the Old version of himself (not so much the New version, who has a build-able Super Bar for the Shinkuu Hadouken as compensation), he still can recover from throwing out a fireball quickly enough to throw out another one while you're still in the middle of swallowing the 1st fireball. He may also choose to do something else entirely while you're in that swallowing state, like run-up True DP for the KO if you're at a high enough percent, so do be wary of where you are at what percent when you go for the swallow.

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Both red AND blue fireballs can be swallowed, yes. I phrased it the way I did above, because while I expected the blue Hadoukens to be swallow-able, which they are, I didn't expect the red Shakunetsu Hadoukens to be swallow-able, which they also are.

WD40

Smash Apprentice
NNID
adamwd
I'm just wondering cuz I see a lot of Ryus nowadays if I can eat them with the Inhale move.
You can. Be careful using the gordo throw against Ryus. Hadouken and tatsu send that thing flying. His long reach held jab probably as well. Overall, its a brutal matchup for Dedede. DDD, Bowser, DK, and Ganon all get destroyed by Ryu.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
you can but you wouldn't want to, the end lag on inhale is so awful so swallowing Ryu's fireball anywhere except for long range is a bad idea.

Wario can also eat Ryu's fireballs.

Top Bottom