• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can I use stage/character textures and music hacks over Wi-Fi?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Sorry if I posted this outside the Q&A, but the threads don't exactly fit with my question.

Can I use character textures (not ones that rename bones and stuff, I know that disconnects) or stage textures over Basic Brawl and still be able to play? Obviously, I would be using the KC:MM textures that state 'Wi-Fi Safe.' But what I don't get exactly is if I can use it over Basic Brawl without the others having to have the same textures on their SD card.

Also the same with music hacks. Could I use those along with the other textures, not with or not at all?

1544C

Smash Rookie
I have been using 25 textures(wifi-safe) for Final Destination using the "alternate stage" code for months and it works for me.
The other players on wifi won't see your custom content, so they will play with their default textures, music , sound,etc.

:phone:

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Even if stages/characters aren't wi-fi safe, if all players in the match have them in their game, it will work.
Also, music is always wi-fi safe.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Ah okay. Thanks. Do I need to use the Alternate Stage Loader or can I just start it up through Riivolution or the File Patch Code?

I realize music is always Wi-Fi Safe, I just wanted to make sure. I also realize the others won't see anything else either.

1544C

Smash Rookie
You won't need the "alternate stage loader" code unless you have 2-26 textures on one stage, like me using 26 textures on Final Destination.
Just start it up with Riivolution or the file patch code

:phone:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
ohok. I read about this a long time ago but I don't remember everything about it 100%. Thanks!~ :3

Top Bottom