• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can I just say this without anyone getting butthurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marigio300X

Smash Cadet
NNID
Marigio300X
3DS FC
2964-8586-7178
Okay? That okay with everyone here? Okay. Thanks... Now, as I was saying...
(Deep Breath)
I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHY PROJECT M NEEDED TO EXIST.

There. I said it. Now, I feel the need to evaluate on this for a moment, so listen... Wait, you already left? ...Oh, well some of you stayed. Alright, I feel as though you guys were expecting Brawl to be EXACTLY like Melee, and I can understand that. For what it was worth, Melee was a great game on a great system. This does NOT mean you have to say the successor was any LESS good because it doesn't hold up to your expectations.

Now, a lot of people said that Brawl was too slow. The reality of the situation was that Melee was TOO FAST. If you have ever played the original 64 Smash Bros., you'll notice that gravity is almost non-existent. Conversely, Melee felt like you were fighting on Jupiter. Brawl was actually a Middle Ground, where it wasn't as slow as 64, but not as heavy as Melee.

Another complaint is the removal of certain techniques (and I say "Techniques" because the developers confirmed they are NOT glitches). This was done for a reason that too many Melee players gloss over: Balance for noobs and veterans alike. Project M puts these techniques BACK IN, and makes it so people with no expertise on them (Like myself) get dominated. I feel that's a little unfair.

Okay, I'm almost done. I would actually be okay with Project M, despite EVERYTHING I said until now, if the people who PLAY Project M didn't say it was the BEST THING EVER. It isn't. Now, if you are still here, feel free to badmouth me, cuss me out, EVEN BAN ME FROM SMASHBOARDS if you feel the need. I'm just a man voicing his opinion.

Royal-X

Smash Ace
" Project M puts these techniques BACK IN, and makes it so people with no expertise on them (Like myself) get dominated."

Generally speaking, people with skill and expertise will almost always beat people without it no matter what the game. This even applies to the real world. If you wish not to get dominated I suggest you practice.

"I would actually be okay with Project M, despite EVERYTHING I said until now, if the people who PLAY Project M didn't say it was the BEST THING EVER. It isn't"

This is an subjective opinion for both sides. Some people like what Project M offers and will enjoy it more so than the other Smash games. Is having a preference really so bad? Also maybe I'm oblivious but I haven't seen a lot of people who claim this. Anywho, there will be people who play Melee, Smash 4, and even Brawl who claim it's the best ever. Just let them play what they like and let bygones be bygones.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I'm just waiting for someone who gives a **** to post on this so I can lol and get another +1 post.

Zoa

Smash Ace
I think you're vastly overestimating the impact wavedash, L-cancel, etc. have. They increase speed and open options, but it's important to learn where and when to implement them. Just learn to punish their movement better.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
(Deep Breath)

There. I said it. Now, I feel the need to evaluate on this for a moment, so listen... Wait, you already left? ...Oh, well some of you stayed. Alright, I feel as though you guys were expecting Brawl to be EXACTLY like Melee, and I can understand that. For what it was worth, Melee was a great game on a great system. This does NOT mean you have to say the successor was any LESS good because it doesn't hold up to your expectations.

Now, a lot of people said that Brawl was too slow. The reality of the situation was that Melee was TOO FAST. If you have ever played the original 64 Smash Bros., you'll notice that gravity is almost non-existent. Conversely, Melee felt like you were fighting on Jupiter. Brawl was actually a Middle Ground, where it wasn't as slow as 64, but not as heavy as Melee.

Another complaint is the removal of certain techniques (and I say "Techniques" because the developers confirmed they are NOT glitches). This was done for a reason that too many Melee players gloss over: Balance for noobs and veterans alike. Project M puts these techniques BACK IN, and makes it so people with no expertise on them (Like myself) get dominated. I feel that's a little unfair.

Okay, I'm almost done. I would actually be okay with Project M, despite EVERYTHING I said until now, if the people who PLAY Project M didn't say it was the BEST THING EVER. It isn't. Now, if you are still here, feel free to badmouth me, cuss me out, EVEN BAN ME FROM SMASHBOARDS if you feel the need. I'm just a man voicing his opinion.
You are literally the definition of a fanboy.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
"Wow, hacking the game sure is great."
"Hey guys, what if we gave falco his melee shine"
"Dude, ****ing fantastic idea. Let's do it"
"Hey, while we're at it, let's add back these other things and see what happens."

And that's how Project M was made.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Can I just say this without anyone getting butthurt?
(Deep Breath)
I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHY THIS POST NEEDED TO EXIST.

Boardwalk

Smash Cadet
having a game that can be played faster than humans will ever achieve might be the reason melee is so HYPE. you literally try to make decisions and react and the difference between failure and success can come down to 1/60th of a second. this is the reason i think melee will never get old is because it will never be optimized. if you want to have a game with no/very low technical aspects to it, then play chess. chess is great. it is all strategy, reads, and mindgames. with no technical requirements

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is a good game if you play it casually, but absolutely garbage when played competitively. Project m fixed that

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
(Deep Breath)

It's fine for a person to like P:M most.It's fine for someone to like Melee best.
It's fine for someone to like Smash 4 best.
AND GUESS WHAT?IT"S FINE FRO SOMEONE TO LIKE BRAWL BEST.*GASP*

Everyone on every side of the community needs to realize this...

Not aimed at you,but it seems a good place to bring this up.

Boardwalk

Smash Cadet
if the reason you don't like pm is because you get bopped for not l cancelling, wavedashing, etc. that just means you havent practiced. there isnt a huge difference from CASUALS playing melee/pm or brawl imo. so why would you limit how competitive a game can be just so you wont get bopped as hard by a competitive player. a casual brawl player would still get wrecked by a competitive brawl player.

tl dr; hit the lab

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This will go nowhere fast.

Also don't post trolling react .gifs in response to threads like this. Only warning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom