• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can I get some Wario advice? (videos)

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
for w/e reason i started playing wario (mainly because my friend used autocancelled SH dairs and i thought they were amazing) and it stuck. here's two vids of me vs a friend's lucas. if "toasty" sounds familiar, he was the ness in the "Greatest KO of all time - its a trap" vid.

match 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2dVl1n6jbZc&feature=user
match 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zZixawYDgf8&feature=user

there were actually three (not a set, just three games) but the second had some really dumb mistakes in it so it wasnt posted.

notes:
-i realize im not using the bite as much as i should. i havent made it part of my game yet and this was my first time going wario/lucas
-i know i shouldve fsmashed in the second match when toasty missed the upB sweetspot, but i thought it was too funny not to bite instead
-i usually dont let the fart go all the way charged. i just forgot to use it while i was figuring out how to get past lucas' range
-i dont have a wii/brawl and this was the first day in about a week that i played competitive singles again as opposed to teams

any help/critique would be appreciated :D

bayonettrials

Smash Cadet
To be completely honest, I really don't see any real big problems.

You double jump too much, unless you are using it for MG's.

Dont try to chain his Dthrow, it doesnt do enough damage to even be worth really attempting.

Instead try dthrowing into fsmash, and when they start shielding it then you grab.

Edit: I rewatched the second video...

You shouldnt be Uairing so much, find another way to build damage. Against lighties like lucas Uair kills crazy early.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
sweet. thanks for the tips :D

for the double jumps, yea thats just how i play/i was looking for opportunities to do things like full jump fair, falling nair to 1-2 jab (stole that combo from someone here, thanks for the idea =]) but yea, i know the dthrow chain doesnt work once they catch on, i shouldve ftilted (i dont like using fsmash at all because of the knockback decay) but finally, do you have any tips for replacing uair? especially on platforms/lucas? should i do a full jump dair or a nair onto platform land and continue from there?

once again appreciate the prompt reply and kind words. all my friends insist i have a good wario but only one of em plays wario as well. good to know i have the core game down

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
well i didnt really c anything wrong with ur wario...lookd pretty good imo. only thing i didnt really agree with was the choice of so many up-airs. i find the move is jus 2 hard 2 pull off...since its an obvious kill move and incredibly predictable. when ppl are on the platform above u i feel like u have tons of options....full jump down air is a good 1...or jus taking into account ppl like to shield when above u on a platform...u could jus use ur bite.

Top Bottom