• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can disabling battle portraits be an option?

KitchenCabinets

Smash Rookie
Made a post for this on reddit, but it got lost in the 3.6 chaos. I'll just summarize the text from it:

Big fan of minimalism here and the UI with BPs and stock icons just isn't doing it for me. I actually already have my own info.pac that removes BPs and the scrolling texture on series emblems, but everything is off-center because it's all placed with BPs in mind. I need to move everything left by half the width of a BP (-6.45 units for stock icons, -5.65 for everything else) to recenter the UI.

Unfortunately, moving things requires changing the positions of a bunch of vertices and bones with a hex editor. (For some reason Brawlbox can read these values, but it can't edit them, so a hex editor and a lot of conversion is required.) I'm assuming the PMDT has a dedicated UI editor that would make this take 5 minutes, so I've decided to request this as a default PM feature.

So, is it possible to include 2 info.pacs in PM and use a code to have the game load one based on a setting? And if it is possible, would you be willing to add a "no battle portraits" option if enough people wanted it?

I mean, so many other things are done "bcuz Maylay," so why not have a Melee UI option? An official addon is also a possibility if adding another option is unfeasible.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
What version of brawlbox do you have?

KitchenCabinets

Smash Rookie
What version of brawlbox do you have?
0.76: the newest one.
This image shows what I'm talking about: http://i.imgur.com/8gbzDjW.png
You can get as far as opening and viewing the position of all the vertices, and you can even create new ones, but editing the ones that are already there or deleting them seems impossible with Brawlbox alone. You can view the data for a specific vertex in the right pane and even highlight specific parts of the x,y values, but typing, copy/paste, backspace, etc., all do nothing.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Why not modify the animation or bone data as opposed to the vertex data. I'm sure you'll get the results you desire doing so.

Last edited:

KitchenCabinets

Smash Rookie
Why not modify the animation or bone data as opposed to the vertex data. I'm sure you'll get the results you desire doing so.
From what I've read, modifying bone positions only works for stock icons. Everything else needs to be vertex edits. I could give it a shot, though.

DrDoggo

Smash Rookie
Did this work? I'm trying to get rid of the hud. I tried making every stock transparent 1 by one. But, when I do that it makes Project M freeze after the website appears.

Top Bottom