• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can dedede grab combo at 130% or high percents?

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
My friend was being salty after losing to a d3. Said he has little end lag on strong moves (not even going acknowledge that) and was ridiculous. The thing that caught my attention was that he said d3 can grab combo at 130%. Now I tested this in training with down throw to Uair on mario. The game considered it a combo, but since obviously the AI vectors in the same way I can't count that as concrete evidence. Anybody have word on this?

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
not really sure about that, but i noticed ddd's down throw into fair seems like a guaranteed combo even at high percents like 60%. And as much as i tried, i couldn't escape it! you can usually jump after being thrown by for example ness or zelda's down throw to escape any follow-ups, but i just wasnt able to do that against dedede.

also, nair having next to no landing lag can also be quite frustrating

:love:

T4ylor

Smash Journeyman
D throw to Nair only works at like sub-20%. And if they're using it while you're grounded it is easily Shield Grabbed, Meek.

And no, D3 can't combo at higher %s without customs, gameplayzero. Haven't tested the Electric Gordo (it has a high arc) or Rising Dedede, though, but those may be able to work.

Last edited:

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
good fellow, i swear i could not escape d throw ===> Fair as much as i tried.

but the only way to prove this is that we test it, so if you want to, send me your friend code, ill send you mine, and we can do it right now! or later if you cant now

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
D throw to Nair only works at like sub-20%. And if they're using it while you're grounded it is easily Shield Grabbed, Meek.

And no, D3 can't combo at higher %s without customs, gameplayzero. Haven't tested the Electric Gordo (it has a high arc) or Rising Dedede, though, but those may be able to work.
gotcha. Thanks.

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
not really sure about that, but i noticed ddd's down throw into fair seems like a guaranteed combo even at high percents like 60%. And as much as i tried, i couldn't escape it! you can usually jump after being thrown by for example ness or zelda's down throw to escape any follow-ups, but i just wasnt able to do that against dedede.

also, nair having next to no landing lag can also be quite frustrating

:love:
I thought that was the case too. I'm no serious dedede main though so my input isn't as good.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
It really depends on weight category. But D-Throw definitely won't combo into anything at 130% on mid/lightweight characters with proper vectoring.

Of course, if by evading a combo, you mean waiting for hitstun to wear off to jump to safety with no vectoring in the calculation, then a lot of stuff will work on you.

Powda

Smash Apprentice
Depends on the character, captain falcon can get out of the grab comBo at low %s, but I'm confident there are little if not no characters you can combo at 130%. Your friend claiming ddd is quick is comical. I practice and practice short hop nair quick fall like hours upon hours and that's about all ddd has that's quick besides following up with a quick ftilt or dtilt after the nair, but that's only cause nair has almost no lag. It usually takes a few matches for people to figure out ddd has nothing but laggy moves and you only have to avoid nair. With a shorter ftilt and no chain grab and horribly laggy bair, ddd is much worse in sm4sh than brawl.

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
0% to 40 is nair, but fair is possible too. More than 40% and to 70% is fair (fast 2 jump nair still can hit).. 70% to 100% is uair. More than 100 just use 2 pummels and back or front throw ='/ This depends of opponents char. And depends if you are in rage effect or not. ^^

Top Bottom