• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media Can anyone help critique this match?

MADB0SS

Smash Rookie
I really need help getting better, as I recently found a character I like a lot, being Roy. I can't find anyone to help, so I thought I should post it here. I dont know if it belongs here, but I thought this would be the safest bet. Here it is. Sephiroth vs. Roy (Also mods, if you feel like this is violating any threads please message me, because i am relatively new here,

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
You have poor fundamentals and you make some... questionable decisions. You like to give up stage control for some reason and you struggle with spacing. You do a lot of fox-trotting so you get punished with moves that you shouldn’t be getting hit by. You like to always be mashing and will spotdodge after nearly every whiff. Your punish game is bad, as you use weak attacks to punish laggy moves. You are too committal on ledge and will throw out slow moves Willy nilly. You shouldve died to a F-smash on your last stock, but they mistimed their punish. You should just keep playing him and you will eventually get better.

Top Bottom