• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can anybody help me pic a main

Wall0

Smash Rookie
i am a balanced type guy who in some cases goes in and gets combos then goes out who should i play

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My advice is to give everyone a once over and decide who feels the most comfortable to play with.

D

Deleted member

Pick the one you like playing the most. Hmm, what about Ness? You're currently using him as you avatar.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Just find a character that YOU enjoy. Go through the characters until you find one that you like for any reason, play with them for a bit, and if you like it, just stick to it. Don't have us tell you.

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
A big part of this is what game we're talking about. I mean, I love G&W in Melee and Project M but his play just bothers me in Smash 4. Which is sad, because the Game and Watch games are my favorite games ever.

sovereigntea

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0146-9845-1024
Dr. Mario. His playstyle is effectively built around setting up and executing tight and fast combos. I find him to be the funnest character to play as if you just like stream-of-consciousness style combos. But, like everyone else said, just give everyone a work out and see who you like.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Samus is the best but really choose a character that feels right for you.

Last edited:

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
I say maybe link or toon link since there projectiles are good for staying away and you can go in after using them for a combo. It's a very vague description though and you have to experience each character before you get a main. You can also try a temporary main for now to get you introduced to the game. Mario is a good starting character.

Top Bottom