• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calibration problem

nesshero

Smash Cadet
I finally got a USB adapter so I can play smash64 online with a controller, but I'm having trouble calibrating it. When I calibrate it in the control panel, the "+" thing kind of jumps down and back up. Then when I try to configure in it in P64k, after I press a button to configure, it just either says "Joy Up" or "Joy Down" instead of the button I press. I know the controller works fine because I used it last night on a real 64.

What do I do?!??!!?

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
the controller you're trying to use isn't compatible with the adapter
I'd suggest finding an n64 controller that is compatible with the adapter
I've also seen people mention if you plug in a ps controller also, meaning both n64 and ps slots are being used, your n64 controller will work fine

nesshero

Smash Cadet
My controller is a standard, official Nintendo 64 controller; why would it not be compatible with a N64 controller adapter? Also, I have tried plugging in a ps controller at the same time, and it does the same thing.

can someone help?

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
get a new controller
Im giving you advice but you're responding back with rhetorical questions?
so your controller is the "standard, official Nintendo 64" controller, so what?
that adapter is not a "standard official Nintendo 64" USB adapter.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Johnny, he's only human.

Nesshero, I suggest that you try turning UP your deadzone then set you controls how you like, then turn DOWN the deadzone again.

And re-calibrate your controller, do what it tells you to do.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Yep, Dash is right. You probably have your deadzone set too high, so the natural tilt of the joystick due to wear is registered as always held down, in which case you won't have the ability to set your buttons right. Turn up the deadzone to around 50 or so and set your button config that way.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
u got a PS3? use that if u can hack or find a hack to make it work. thats wat i did(ty grime, wherever u r...i suppose)

Top Bottom