• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.......cali tourneys

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
I recall ppl talking about hosting cali tourneys this summer? where they at? I wanna romp some kids and make money.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
should've gone to that LA tourney so you could've gotten schooled ;)

near's statement about hosting something, kinda fell through. organize something, though, and i know people will try to attend. i'll spread the word.

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
heh.... more likely school than get schooled. who won that tourney? but for real though theres always a solid turnout in cali.... someone should host during july

Skrlx

Smash Champion
The guy that hosted the tournament you MISSED will be hosting another sometime this month.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
near won. hero pie got second, i clocked in at third. seeding got ****ed iirc.

come to apex!

and dammit i wish i were LIVING OUT THERE FAUK

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
cobr what was your name at da first tourney, rj lets not pretend.... the only comp at these tourneys is near. we oughtta have another in LA

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
Who is the planned host of this upcoming tourney... im surprised hes not trying to hype it up

Soto

Smash Cadet
I've been trying to get a consensus on a date/possible turnout
I figured that out - so next was locking in a venue because I don't have access to my usual venue (the college)
But I locked in the venue so I'll make an event real soon.
BEST THING ABOUT THIS NEXT TOURNEY IS SSB64 EXCLUSIVITY

Soto

Smash Cadet
Also, the next few tournaments are gonna be managed a lot more efficiently cus of a shift in management
So, no more messed up brackets and no more lack of streaming
But as far as @ Cobrevolution Cobrevolution not living in Cali, can't help you out there :-/
...I wonder what a @ sman865 sman865 vs. @ Cobrevolution Cobrevolution Samus ditto match would be like :o

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
foooook that i have orientation in santa cruz that weekend... what about the weekend before? Ill totes let you guys play friendlies with me :D

But for real weekend before that one?!?!?!!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Soto

Smash Cadet
I won't be around to host it then - but as the event points out
There's a high possibility that SSB64 tournaments will be a monthly thing - same with smash fests
All of these things are contingent on the vibe and turnout
But yep, I'm sure there's people out there that want a rematch @ (blondekid) (blondekid)

Stonefallow

Smash Cadet
I live in Fresno, California. I am very interested in being a part of/organizing a Smash Brothers 64 tournament. If I get some responses I'll try to set one up for September or October 2014.

Last edited:
Top Bottom