• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-STICK young link

D4rkchocolate

Smash Rookie
Does anyone C-stick Young links areials? I use it for grounded attacks. I tried using it for areials and it is hard to C-stick short hops....:dizzy: Anyway anyone wanna give any helpful hints or anything would help.

Thanks

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
If you're shorthopping with the analog, I guess that'd be better to use the C-stick...but why not just shorthop with X and Y, then use your other hand to tilt while you hit A. I think that'd be much simpler, unless you're left handed or something.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
well, the reason people use the c-stick for areials is so you can control your character's movement completely while being able to do any air attack you want, ex. jumping backwards and using an fair. you could practice moving the control stick really fast, but i think the c-stick is alot easier.

Chip.

you know what to do
I agree with Petre, c-stick in most cases is much easier to perform with for arials.

Although I personally have mastered the A button and analog for all of my arials, in any direciton I'm facing in the air.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
I will come to agree with Wak! There is no easier way around it just work out what you can do and what you cannot do :) Personally speaking i am shorthoping with X and tilting with my analog the way i wanna do an aerial(Including Fair) No point in trying to learn something that doesnt feel right for you :D Hope i was helpful

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
For me theres really is no point in using the C-stick with aerials unless your used to doing it but if that works for you then use it.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
well, the reason people use the c-stick for areials is so you can control your character's movement completely while being able to do any air attack you want, ex. jumping backwards and using an fair. you could practice moving the control stick really fast, but i think the c-stick is alot easier.
Well, I guess then it just burns down to practice. Go Wak lol

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i c-stick some of ylinks aerials. i find it easier to control his movement in the air while using the c-stick. cuz sometimes i jump too far and miss with the fair if i use the analog stick.
shorthop c-sticking isnt really too hard, maybe u jus need more practice.
and do u actually find it easier to c-stick his aerials? if so then yea, continue practicing it

Jash

Smash Lord
Well...i use the C stick after wave landing most of the time. Like if i have a bomb in my hand and i want throw it up after wave landing, it works a lot of the time. Also wave landing to Up air is a big plus to using the C stick. People mostly use it because if they do not want to risk jumping after a wave land, they would just rather use the C stick. At least thats the reason why i use it.

Chip.

you know what to do
That brings up the point of bombs. One thing you HAVE to use the C-stick for is throwing bombs in the opposite direction of your facing. This works out as a great mindgame like walking away from your opponent and then C-Sticking a bomb throw at your enemy is totally unsuspecing and is almost a garunteed bomb hit ^_^

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
That brings up the point of bombs. One thing you HAVE to use the C-stick for is throwing bombs in the opposite direction of your facing. This works out as a great mindgame like walking away from your opponent and then C-Sticking a bomb throw at your enemy is totally unsuspecing and is almost a garunteed bomb hit ^_^
What would be the point of that when pressing the opposite direction plus A does the same exact thing. And it really isn't that unsuspecting because usually when Link or y. link are going the other way it's always to use some projectile mostly the bomb or the boomerang.

Chip.

you know what to do
I forgot to mention the jogging part of the scenario :dizzy:. When Young Link starts jogging in the opposite direction, you can smash the c-stick in the opposite direction so Young Link can smash throw the bomb. If you do this with the A button, then Young Link will just dash towrds the enemy and throw the bomb wich will do much less damage and you'll prolly get hit by the explosion as well :p. The unsuspecting thing about it is that your walking in the opposite direction and then BAM! You hit them..

..it just adds to a good mindgame that's all ^_^.

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
Ok I can see your reasoning for using the C-stick if you have a bomb and your going the other way which could be useful. I might have to start using the C-stick for throwing bombs.

Evil_MARIO

Smash Rookie
d4RK do wat feels right to your hand positions. I dont use the C- stick and still get kills and win games. Others win games using the C-stick, do wat feels right for you

Top Bottom