• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-Stick randomly stops working in PM Netplay Edition

King_Spycrab

Smash Rookie
So, I've been having some real trouble lately. I am a "C-Stick for Aerials" kind of player, and randomly, the C-Stick will just stop controlling Smash Attacks and Aerials. My C-Stick works fine, when I pause I can still move the camera with it. And this doesn't effect me on any other game but PM Netplay. Anybody have a solution for this? (Note: Before you say it, no, "Stop using C-Stick you scrub" is not the solution I am looking for.)

Starblazer626

Smash Rookie
I have had similar problems with my own c stick. You probably just need to increase the sensitivity in the controller settings

King_Spycrab

Smash Rookie
Virtually every player uses c stick with there's nothing to defend.

How is your controller connected? What adapter?
A third party a friend gave me. But I highly doubt it's the adapter, as 20XX, Smash 64, and other ISOs work fine with it.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
But I highly doubt it's the adapter, as 20XX, Smash 64, and other ISOs work fine with it.
Brawl, and by extension Project M, reads C stick inputs differently; you have to return the stick to neutral before it can read another input. Your deadzone for your C stick is probably too small in the settings so it's not properly returning to neutral.

Last edited:

Your Face

Smash Apprentice
If you're not using the official Wii U GC controller adapter (that uses Direct Connect), put your deadzones to 15, and your radiuses to 90-100 (for your Joystick + C-stick)

King_Spycrab

Smash Rookie
If you're not using the official Wii U GC controller adapter (that uses Direct Connect), put your deadzones to 15, and your radiuses to 90-100 (for your Joystick + C-stick)
Holy **** thank you so much I can actually play now.

Top Bottom