• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-stick or A button?

TheKO

Smash Rookie
A great use for A, is for charging smashes. I always charge smashes on those opponents who like to side step a lot. All you have to do is for example charge a down smash, wait for the side step and release as soon as their side step is over.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
A great use for A, is for charging smashes. I always charge smashes on those opponents who like to side step a lot. All you have to do is for example charge a down smash, wait for the side step and release as soon as their side step is over.
... how did I never think of that?! That's brilliant. o_o

Anyway, I like to use the Neutral A combo alot. It's quick, fast, and a single jab can lead into a downsmash or throw.

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
if up-tilting is ur problem then u could just take off the up to jump option on the controller. saves a lot of headaches and angry nights, trust me.

but what im curious of is do people find it easier to do 2 Bairs in one short hop easier with the A button? or c stick

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
If your gonna make use of tilts, I suggest u-tilts, as the post above me said. Go to controller options
take off the "tap jump set it to off" meaning that you won't have to move up with the c-stick. That way you can do utilts and upairs and set yourself for combos and such.

TheKO

Smash Rookie
... how did I never think of that?! That's brilliant. o_o

Anyway, I like to use the Neutral A combo alot. It's quick, fast, and a single jab can lead into a downsmash or throw.
Yeah the AAA combo is really nice with Mario as well. It works on people who like to side step a lot too.

if up-tilting is ur problem then u could just take off the up to jump option on the controller. saves a lot of headaches and angry nights, trust me.

but what im curious of is do people find it easier to do 2 Bairs in one short hop easier with the A button? or c stick
Personally, A button for me. But I use both, it's very situational, an example for me would be approach with a B-air using A button, and then start to DI back and use C-stick for the 2nd B-air in order to keep the full DI and space myself properly. Usually for me, A button while approaching, C-stick while retreating.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I do all my aerials and smashes (unless charged) with the Cstick. I use A for Ftilts and Utilts, and for jab combos. I find double aerials easier to perform with the Cstick because you can't DI during your attacks with the Cstick. That often screws up my spacing and timing.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
OR, you can set your C-Stick to tilts xD, and see if you can get a feel for it that way you can tilt your little heart out keep the "A" for Charged smashes and whatever else you may need.

Top Bottom