• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-stick Mario?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4rkmario

Smash Rookie
OK....im officially confused about using the C-stick. Some say its faster and is easier to smash. My problem however is moving my finger up and down from the c- stick to jump or A.
Fow example when people jump off the side and use the C-stick for multiple back airs. Al i every do is hit jump late and fall straight to my death.:ohwell:

I'M LOST:dizzy:

Any tips or helpful criticing is helpful

Samus247

Smash Journeyman
it takes some getting used to if you just started using the cstick for aerials, I use 'x' to jump and i've been using cstick aerials for a while and can do it fine now. I wouldn't recommend pressing up to jump, and im not sure how well 'y' works. try 'x' and just keep practicing is my advice

D4rkmario

Smash Rookie
Guess what! I can C-stick from hangin off a ledge and jump out.!! ROFL
But it is still hard to jump from the stage and do multiple ones . Also its hard to time it right when tryin the short hop a C-stick forward or backward.... or i hit it in the wrong direction lol.

:laugh: yo

A_mArIo

Smash Cadet
the C-stick is used because it is faster and more comfortable for some people. Same for X,Y,Z, whatever... Its all in how well YOU do with the buttons and how comfortable it is. If you find the C-stick too hard then quite simply stick with what is easier for you. Many pros dont use the C-stick, its all in a matter of prefarance.
Hope that helped... =]

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i myself do use the cstick for some of marios aerials in certain situations. but for ledgehop bair edgeguarding i usually use a combination depending on if the opponent recovers high or low. if its high then i use the control stick and if they recover low then its usually the cstick, so i dont mess up my trajectory.
but csticking is all in ones preference, if u do bettter with it then go on and use it. some people prefer it and some people think its too hard.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I only C-stick the SHFFL up-air. Never saw much need to use aerial c-stick for anything when I am always moving in that same direction anyways. Just do what you prefer [if it works for the situation].

Of course, I use it a whole lot on land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom