• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-Stick for Tilts

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Could that be implemented in Project M? Tilts could be performed quicker and easier, and the C-stick would be more useful.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Can't you change it in your control setup, or did I miss something?
The closest thing I could think of setting the C-stick to is to attack, which works for forward tilt but not up or down tilt - the smash attack is performed instead

Narpas_sword

Cant be done afaik due to how cstick when crouching works in brawl.

c down when crouch in brawl gave a dtilt instead of a dsmash (like melee)

PM changed it to melee style (crouch cdown = downsmash)

Downdraft

Smash Ace
The closest thing I could think of setting the C-stick to is to attack, which works for forward tilt but not up or down tilt - the smash attack is performed instead
I was quite certain that something like that was the case. Honestly, up-tilts are the problem. I play with tap jump on, so sometimes I accidentally do an up-air instead of an up-tilt. I would like a more reliable method of executing up-tilt.

Narpas_sword

the reliable method is practice.

There are no shortcuts for harder things than uptilt.
If you can't reliably uptilt you're not going to get much else under control.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
the reliable method is practice.

There are no shortcuts for harder things than uptilt.
If you can't reliably uptilt you're not going to get much else under control.
I know. I can up-tilt, but with c-stick support, I could do it 100% of the time under any circumstances.
I just think it'd be a convenient feature especially for people that don't use the C-stick.

Narpas_sword

PMDT will be aware of the issue with attack set to cstick not working.
If they are able to fix it, im sure they will.

For now though, practice is the way to go.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I've been wanting cstick attack doing up/dtilts for so long. You have no idea how much I want to be able to consistently do pivot u/dtilts perfectly.

I'll probably not use it much because diddy loses out on a lot for not having c stick to attack, but easy mode pivot dtilts would make roy even scarier, lucario even more silly, squirtle even more fun (hydro pivot dtilt is crazy )

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I've been wanting cstick attack doing up/dtilts for so long. You have no idea how much I want to be able to consistently do pivot u/dtilts perfectly.

I'll probably not use it much because diddy loses out on a lot for not having c stick to attack, but easy mode pivot dtilts would make roeven scarier, lucario even more silly, squirtle even more fun (hydro pivot dtilt is crazy )
You'd lose cstick hydro smashes that way, why do that when you can juss do a dtilt out if hydropivot normally

Last edited:

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I always say this when the difficulty of performing tilts come up: Normally, when you rest you're thumb on the control stick, it's bent at a slight angle. When you want to reliably perform a tilt, flex your thumb so it's straight - you'll get more control. After a while, you won't have to do this because you'll commit the control stick sweet spot to memory.

Top Bottom