• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C. Falcon vids/ advice??

ChibiPichu

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting into playing Captain Falcon a lot more especially for friendlies

watch these and critique please any advice helps they arent longer than like 2mins 30 secs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g_BDBq1qGc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGmoZ1_f55Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGmoZ1_f55Q (advice against snake much appreciated!)
Ok... you are good, pretty good, but this is what I can dig up besides you submitting the same video twice (2/3, I was expecting Snake but now I sees...) :
First Vid: Excellent air game off stage, not much wrong here because you were good at getting his damage up but you were a little slow on getting out of the pummeling your were taking, might a suggest a spotdodge then tap roll and Falcon Kick? (if you end up facing him, if not, go for an aerial approach
Other Two Videos which are the Same: Get started on aerials while on the stage, you rely a little too much off the stage, but you make up for it with getting those KOs like that
The aerials are essential because he stalled you with his attacks in the air, so I suggest getting away with a roll then run forward to start your aerials
Thats all the information I can give you, I have trouble with Snake and don't face him daily

MilesisXcore

Smash Rookie
ok thanks alot yeah snake isnt an easy opponent i have a friend that mains him i just want to beat him with someone besides DDD (my main) and give a little insult to injury using a friendly character

ChibiPichu

Smash Journeyman
ok thanks alot yeah snake isnt an easy opponent i have a friend that mains him i just want to beat him with someone besides DDD (my main) and give a little insult to injury using a friendly character
Are you going to do something about yourself posting the same video twice?

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Your 3rd link = your 2nd link

Your opponent doesn't have that good of a knowledge of Falcon, so some of your kills like with Falcon Dive shouldn't have happened. He also Raptor Boosts onto the stage way too much, although you didn't punish it very well. You used a ton of DThrow chains, but I hope you know some better stuff than that since it's not a true chainthrow. His Snake wasn't that great either, as you should be able to spike the near-the-edge cypher recovery pretty easily. You need to learn Snake's grenade game better to fight him better, and I don't get why the Snake kept hitting you with the first hit of FTilt but not the second. You also need to recover more safely so that you don't get hit by those FSmashes; sweetspotting the ledge is important, and don't land with anything laggy when you get back onto the stage (if you up-B onto the edge, you need to NAir when you're actually landing back on the stage or else you'll get ugly landing lag). When he does his up-B you have to expect him to airdodge off when you get near and punish it. You also should try some less-direct approaches.

Edit: I forgot to mention also to not use USmash when your opponent is on a platform above you. Use UTilt or SH a knee.

Top Bottom