• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Byleth Doesnt seem Slow

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Byleth doesnt seem too slow to me in terms of her attacks. Maybe in terms of walking and running shes middle ground. She's deceptively quick like hero. Her attacks can come out quicker than you may think when you underestimate her.

Arrei

Smash Lord
If you're calling her ground and air speed, which are literally some of the lowest across the entire roster, "middle ground", I think that suggests you need to reevaluate your definition of speed.

Byleth has some good options like tilts or Nair, but there are also a lot of serious commitments in the moveset. Side special in particular I have a bone to pick with as it seems like that thing is impossible to space safely yet its sweetspot isn't even that reliable at killing.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
If you're calling her ground and air speed, which are literally some of the lowest across the entire roster, "middle ground", I think that suggests you need to reevaluate your definition of speed.

Byleth has some good options like tilts or Nair, but there are also a lot of serious commitments in the moveset. Side special in particular I have a bone to pick with as it seems like that thing is impossible to space safely yet its sweetspot isn't even that reliable at killing.
Thank you for your reply but no I dont need to reevaluate my definition of speed, its exactly as I said. When I say middle ground, im saying shes hovers around slow to middle area of speed when she walks but the point I was making was about her attacks which deceptively are quick. They dont have alot of cooldown as you may think.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
I mean, you actually outright said "Maybe in terms of walking and running she's middle ground" when they are literally one of the slowest characters on the roster, that colors what your interpretation of being fast means. On top of which the frame data of her other, non-meme attacks are pretty standard for a disjoint character - slow, in other words.

It isn't a matter of debate that they're slow, that's part of their basic design. That the moves don't "feel" slow to you doesn't change that their data is intentionally designed to be slower than other, non-disjointed moves.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mobility values+weight (from here) -
Weight: 97
Walk Speed: 0.8
Run Speed: 1.43
Air Speed: 0.89
Fall Speed: 1.6
That URL suggests that Byleth's walk speed value is 0.97. Does he walk faster than Bayonetta or Olimar? If not, then someone needs to correct the attribute values.

Top Bottom