• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Byakuya Purojekkuto (Updated 02/23/10)

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
KUCHIKI BYAKUYA​

Since I'm a big Tite Kubo fan, and a bit of Bleach fan also, I decided to start on this project. Kuchiki Byakuya, commander of the 6th Squadron joins the Brawl! Be prepared to get your *** kicked by his amazing powers!

Don't let those perfect pictures fool you, he has problems like all the other characters, Pictochat only makes him look perfect (Until he receives a hit >_>)

This is his dash attack. It strikes the opponent launching him in an angle of 45º

Jab 1. You guys liked the red sword glow? Maybe I'll put it purple :U

Jab 2. You can do many combos with this one! (Like Jab1>Jab2>FTilt)
Also, you can see that the Sword Glow isn't positioned correctly. I'll be fixing that.

TO DO LIST
→Get the model to work over Marth - Done!
→Fix his movement - Done!
→Fix the materials glitch - Help me out here, guys, I just don't know how to fix this.
→Think about some attacks
→Do all the animations (I ripped some from the game, even Bankai!)
→Do the PSA (Anyone want to help me out here too?)
→Test bugs and etc

MEMBERS CURRENTLY ON THE PROJECT
Just me :U

MOVESET
Special Attacks

Neutral B - Hadou 33, Soukatsui
Byakuya launches a beam in front of himself, great knockback, but low damage.

Side B - Shunpo
He uses a quick shunpo with an "invisible" sword slash. He appears near the enemy inflicting damage to them.

Down B - Counter
Byakuya does his counter stance, and if he get hit, the attack will be countered. Good damage, great knockback.

Up B - Shunpo Recovery
Byakuya launches himself upwards using shunpo. Mid range recovery. No damage or knockback.

KNOW GLITCHES/BUGS
→Material Glitch (I think everybody knows what I mean with this :U Need someone to fix.)
→Running Bug (I think I know how to fix this one.) Fixed!
→Random graphic glitch (This is being fixed as we speak.) Fixed!
→Ledge Bug (Sometimes, when he hangs on the ledge, he just die. Anyone know a fix?) Fixed!

Also, that dark color is the material glitch. Looks like an alt. costume, but whatever.

That's it, guys. If anyone want to collaborate with this "Purojekkuto", just PM me, or even post here! I mainly need someone to do the PSA, I'm not good at that.
And don't forget...
Gib feedback!

highfive

Smash Lord
I so totally ****ing approve of this.

HIGH FIVE!!!

I imagine he'll be semi weight like Marth and be able to kill at lower percentages.

D

Deleted member

-deleted message-

Last edited by a moderator:

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
I so totally ****ing approve of this.

HIGH FIVE!!!

I imagine he'll be semi weight like Marth and be able to kill at lower percentages.
You imagined it right. He'll have superior air control, along with some powerfull moves. Also, some of his moves will inflict stun. Good way to do a combo, huh.

Do you need help with hexing the materials?
Wow, that would be a huge help! I do need :p

D

Deleted member

-deleted message-

joem3693

Smash Apprentice
iare you having movement problems or is it the fact that you havent renamed the TransN bone?

joem3693

Smash Apprentice
for moves i have a couple of ideas
neutral b-senbon sakura
side b-flash step into sword slash
final smash bankai obviously ;P

I'll think of more ideas

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
iare you having movement problems or is it the fact that you havent renamed the TransN bone?
for moves i have a couple of ideas
neutral b-senbon sakura
side b-flash step into sword slash
final smash bankai obviously ;P

I'll think of more ideas
I tried renaming the TransN bone, but that didn't work.

Also, Senbon Sakura is his bankai, lol. It'll be his FS.
And I thought about the flash step, that was a wonderfull idea, lol.
Neutral B will be...Hadou 38, I think?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
You might take inspiration from the Wii game Versus Crusade for his moveset, perhaps.

He has an attack there that's pretty much a counter and if the opponent attacks you during a short interval of time you flash step behind him and use a weak hit that you combo off of. The opponent is stunned during this time.

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
You said he works over the Marth model- did you also manage to string his bones to Marths'? Like, can he play with Marth's moves? That would be completely perfect on its own!

And, downloads please? :)

Darkji

Smash Cadet
I don't understand why everyone wants to make a SSBBleach, or a Super Smash Naruto Brawl.
Please don't use your Brawlbox knowledge to make useless characters like those.

I'm not insulting your work, but I'm just saying that you could make better and most interresting projects with your Brawl-hacks knowledge.

And please, don't tell me "U R SAYIN ****, BLEACH IZ THE TRUTH", you little fan-boy.

hugarh

Smash Rookie
Looks good. Could I ask which form of his Bankai will be used for his final smash?

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why everyone wants to make a SSBBleach, or a Super Smash Naruto Brawl.
Please don't use your Brawlbox knowledge to make useless characters like those.

I'm not insulting your work, but I'm just saying that you could make better and most interresting projects with your Brawl-hacks knowledge.

And please, don't tell me "U R SAYIN ****, BLEACH IZ THE TRUTH", you little fan-boy.
What the hell, dude? I'm not a fanboy at all. I just had the ISO here, and looking through the files, I found Byakuya. I just like the character, and I would like doing an entire moveset for him. Please stop whining if you don't like the character, or even the series. I don't like Naruto too, but seeing that someone is doing him (forgot who) is very impressive. I don't like the series, but I respect his work, and that's what you should do too.

Looks good. Could I ask which form of his Bankai will be used for his final smash?
It'll be Senbonzakura Kageyoshi.

You said he works over the Marth model- did you also manage to string his bones to Marths'? Like, can he play with Marth's moves? That would be completely perfect on its own!

And, downloads please? :)
No, I'm doing all the animations from scratch. Meaning that, Marth cannot use his moves.
No downloads for now. Only when I finish the basic animation part. Will take a while, but it'll be worth it.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
U gotta make a Bankai Final Smash for this! It looks sweet. btw can u make more Bleach characters in the future? :) Playing as Ichigo or Renji or possibly even Kenpachi would be awsum.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
U gotta make a Bankai Final Smash for this! It looks sweet. btw can u make more Bleach characters in the future? :) Playing as Ichigo or Renji or possibly even Kenpachi would be awsum.
Maybe, maybe. Just sayin', Ichigo is already being worked on. I can make another character, but not after this one. After Byakuya, I'll make Eirin from Touhou Project (Gotta wait for the model rebuilder to start to work on her)

highfive

Smash Lord
I imagined his moveset would be a bit like this:

Neutral B: I want to say he should do Marth's Shield Breaker or perhaps do something like Dolphin Slash only with an already programmed combo ending with a set amount of knockback. Low starting lag, low ending lag, not very strong.

Side Special: A very fast dimensional cape type attack for Shunpo with a semi strong swipe and some larger ending lag to compensate & punish.

Down B: Counter??? Or perhaps a way to stun/trip the opponent like Mewtwo's attack back in Melee.

Darkji

Smash Cadet
What the hell, dude? I'm not a fanboy at all. I just had the ISO here, and looking through the files, I found Byakuya. I just like the character, and I would like doing an entire moveset for him. Please stop whining if you don't like the character, or even the series. I don't like Naruto too, but seeing that someone is doing him (forgot who) is very impressive. I don't like the series, but I respect his work, and that's what you should do too.

I respect your work too, but I'm just saying that there are more interresting that you could make. But you're right, if you like the character you should work on a character you like. I'm just saying it would be lame if everyone would try to make a "SSBBleach" or a "Naruto Smash Brothers", you dig ?

D

Deleted member

-deleted message-

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
I respect your work too, but I'm just saying that there are more interresting that you could make. But you're right, if you like the character you should work on a character you like. I'm just saying it would be lame if everyone would try to make a "SSBBleach" or a "Naruto Smash Brothers", you dig ?
I'm almost sure that will not happen. Doing a full character takes time, because he needs a full animation set, all from scratch, PSA and other things. If it happens, well, what can I do? But that will take a looooooong time.

hugarh

Smash Rookie
How did you make Byakuya's face texture work? Everytime I import a Bleach mdl0 the face and hands are covered in black

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
The face and hands are black in Brawlbox but are normal in game.

Hmm... I was going to make Renji or Rukia but then that would be far too many Bleach people. Oh well. Keep up the good work, EdgyBluz!

EDIT: how did you get the dash attack? I've only been able to salvage the first 3 animations from the game and the rest are either motionless or epileptic.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
How did you get the dash attack? I've only been able to salvage the first 3 animations from the game and the rest are either motionless or epileptic.
Here's a quick guide to export any animation you want.

1. Open the brres containing the CHR0's
2. Select the animation you want, rename it whatever you want.
3. In it's properties, there will be Unknown 1 and 2 (Or 0 and 1, don't remember well) with some random numbers. Make Unknown 1 value as 0, and Unknown 2 value as 1.
5. Put a high number of frames. Like, 300.
4. Export your animation.
5. Go to your character and load the animation.
6. You'll notice that sometimes your character will go crazy. That happens because he has more frames than usual. Delete the frames until you reach the real ending of the animation.
7. Test
8. Done!

Post results, and feel free to ask whatever you want.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I changed Unknown 1 to 0, and some of the animations's Unknown2's to 1, and some to 0. Some of the Unknown3's are 0 and some are 1's as well. All of them didn't work, except for the first three, which worked regardless of whether Unknowns 2 and 3 were 0 or 1. Some of the crazy animations start crazy on Frame 1, so I'm confused on whether the animation has only one frame or if they are doing a motion that I can't recognize in all the craziness.

EDIT: Hmm... it seems like I'm encountering the same problem with Rukia, Renji, and Toshiro. Should I PM you the files?

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
I changed Unknown 1 to 0, and some of the animations's Unknown2's to 1, and some to 0. Some of the Unknown3's are 0 and some are 1's as well. All of them didn't work, except for the first three, which worked regardless of whether Unknowns 2 and 3 were 0 or 1. Some of the crazy animations start crazy on Frame 1, so I'm confused on whether the animation has only one frame or if they are doing a motion that I can't recognize in all the craziness.

EDIT: Hmm... it seems like I'm encountering the same problem with Rukia, Renji, and Toshiro. Should I PM you the files?
Sure, PM me the animation BRRES.

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
Oh ****, thats amazing Byakuya huh? Although he is my favorite captain I'd rather have seen Kenpachi....why?

Well, does he even need an explanation? lol. ANYWAY....I'm looking forward to Byakuya's completion.

hugarh

Smash Rookie
I was going to start on a kenpachi, but i'm having trouble with the animations. the model works, but i can't hex the animations

KyuubiDemon1

Smash Apprentice
how did you get the bleach vc files textures to go on to the model cause all i did was hex it to where you can see the bones only

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
I'm almost done with the basic animations. After that, I'll probably release a beta for you guys :3
Also, I need someone to help me with PSA :U

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but this has been bothering me for a while. The proper Romanization of "Project", written in Katakana, is "Purojekkuto".

Being in a Japanese class makes me sensitive to these things...

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but this has been bothering me for a while. The proper Romanization of "Project", written in Katakana, is "Purojekkuto".

Being in a Japanese class makes me sensitive to these things...
Lololol, thanks for correcting me! I'll edit it.

Top Bottom