• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Button Input Based Frame Counter

SuperSmashNoob

Smash Rookie
The 20xx hack pack has an action state based frame counter, which is a really powerful tool, but can be kind of unwieldy to use/setup. I was thinking it would be cool if there were a code such that when you input some arbitrary initialization button combination (like L R Dpad left or something), it initializes a frame counter to 0 that begins counting up when you press a button (A B X Y Z Digital L/R), and stops the next time you hit a button, and then the number of frames that passed between the two button presses is displayed. I'm not sure what the accepted terminology is for this stuff, but I define a one frame delay between button presses as the second input occuring on the very next frame after the first input. Ideally there would be more than one of these counters, say 4 to fit on the percent displays, such that if you initialize the counters and input 5 buttons in a row, the delay between each button press in the string is displayed.

I was mainly thinking of using this for practicing spacie tech without having to program action states and stuff. Like a frame perfect shine grab on shield would output the delays 6 1, a frame perfect triple shine on shield would output 6 3 8 3, etc.

Top Bottom