• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bull Riding, the Spanish "Running of the Bulls", and other incidents(links up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is in hopes to spark activity in the PG.

So, the other day I was watching Animal Planet. I was watching a show called "Untame and Uncut", where clips of animal related incidents are shown. A clip was aired in which a man in the Spanish running of the bulls was brutally attacked by a rampaging bull. Another clip was shown where a young man riding a bull in a rodeo was bucked off then repeatedly gored by the bull. My dad then stated an opinion that really ringed true in my ears. "I don't feel the least bit of sympathy for them, they shouldn't be messing with such violent animals as bulls". That rang totally true for me.

So debate this: Do those injured in animal attacks deserve any sympathy? But not just anyone. I mean people with little to no esperience that wittingly place themeselves in these dangerous situations. A prime example is in the Spanish "running of the bulls". What is done is that bulls are simply released into the streets, and people spectate runners(IIRC). These are usually everyday citizens without the least bit of experince in dealing with dangerous animals.

Info on the Running of the Bulls
PETA reacts to the Running of the Bulls

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
The answer is simple no. They know what could happen to them and therefore it is their fault. I 100% agree with you and your dad and stand behind the idea that they deserve no sympathy what so ever.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
I must agree with the above poster. If they know that they are probably going to get hurt in the process of doing this, then why are they doing this? Do they deserve sympathy for their stupidity? No, they do not. They bring this on themselves. If you are not specially trained to work with dangerous animals, you should not work with them. If you do knowingly work with dangerous animals , and you are not specialized in them, then you deserve what is coming to you.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I believe they shouldnt. If you are THAT stupid to actually go and run with such dangerous animals with little to NO experience you deserve to be injured. Its like those disclaimers on TV: Do not try this at home. These people that "run with the bulls", although insanely cool, extremely dangerous and stupid. I would never run with bulls. Too dangerous and I can die there. Now if the person has had experience and studies within that field, like for example an experienced rodeo person, I would have total sympathy because he willingly came and knew what he was going to face. He also has had years of experience meaning that this one incident was a fluke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom