• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bug involving Smash attacks done by the RStick alone.

TheUndeadReturns

Smash Cadet
NNID
House0fFastFood
Getting right to the point, here's a the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtRKg5KJrz4

and here's a copy-and-paste of the description on the video:

I think it's a bug that comes with the new patch. I've been able to trigger it accidentally when trying to buffer a dash out of any smash attack. However, sometimes it just occurs when it wants to. I'll be in rush-down mode when all of a sudden my dash inputs turn into a down smash. But with the trigger, it seems to happen somewhat consistently. By that, I mean sometimes it won't do anything, sometimes it'll just happen occasionally when triggered, and other times (like shown later) it will never stop happening no matter what.

I didn't show it here bc I found out while I was uploading this, but using special moves negates it and turns things back to normal (actually, this also only works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't change anything).

There's been other side-affects like shield inputs turning into grab, quick shield, then grab, or dash inputs turning into just walking, grab inputs turning into attack, up-bs into neutral bs, and full-hops into short-hops.

I haven't tried with any other characters besides Mr. Game & Watch.

Also, I'm sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this. I didn't really know where else to, so this was my only real option.

Last edited:
Top Bottom