• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Buffering" moves?

pikmin.org

Smash Apprentice
I've heard this expression used, and I've tried searching for an explanation (both here and otherwise) and can't seem to find one. The idea I'm getting is that it means doing a move at the soonest possible time (like out of shield, or at the end of hitstun). Am I correct in assuming this? And if so, how is it done?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Brawl has a 10 frame buffer which allows you to input a command for one move as one move is still going

During the last 10 frames of an animation you are able to begin inputting for another move, basically

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
its a semi-advanced technique, so don't be surprised if it is difficult at first.
I'm sure there are videos on youtube that could help if you have trouble.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
its a semi-advanced technique, so don't be surprised if it is difficult at first.
I'm sure there are videos on youtube that could help if you have trouble.
It's not a technique, it's just the way the controls work like tilt sensitivity.

Top Bottom