• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buffering inputs (Shoryuken in particular)

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
So I just got Ryu today and have been playing around with the actual classic inputs. I notice because Smash is such a movement based game compared to Street Fighter that doing Shoryukens seems impossible with first inputting a dash, possibly past the opponent, making it a bit obvious and predictable. I'm not sure if it's possible to just do the input raw-dog without the dash being inputted, but I've been sort of looking into ways to buffer it since I play some Street Fighter.

So far I've found you can do the Shoryuken from shield most simply, which will input a spot dodge from shield and then the Shoryuken. As well it seems like you can buffer it with the dash from the canceled Focus attack to have it come out after the dash cancel.

Anyone found some good options for buffering the Shoryuken in particular to make it less obvious?

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Well this is not the best choice, but short hopping and imputing the analog input, landing and then pressing A or B works for me.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
If you preform it in a combo and put the inputs as your last move cools down it works fine and this was covered, somewhat, elsewhere on the forum.

d-tilt -> dp
up-tilt -> dp

Out of shield without the spotdodge is tricky but possible. You have to jump out of shield while doing the imputs (during jumpsquat)

You can also use nair to buffer stuff but im about to make a thread on that.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
You don't need to use just spot dodge, as you also have stuff like buffering from jabs, SHs, L.Dtilt (which both confirm to Shoryuken btw). Also delayed inputs like dashing then inputting the last two commands also counts and helps with doing a run up to Shoryuken as well

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I actually caught some people off with a surprised buffered shoryuken by baiting with laggy ground moves( f tilt 2),retreating laggy aerials (dair,fair),air dodging to the ground. It's all anticipation of course.

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
you can buffer from any and all attack animations, empty jump ins, walking or running forward + hadoken motion. There are a bunch of tricks to input SRK on SF and smash. Just practice it you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Top Bottom