• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brookman's video critique forum

Walt

Smash Ace
I like and approve of this guide. I liked it more though before the update because it was funnier without the added part.

edit: i m dum rong bookmang thred

Brookman

Smash Hero
now that my computer is in refurbished and working order I would like to extend my services once more.

Bones0

Smash Legend

Alotsa

Smash Cadet
Hey, Time to critiaue a newb?

Hey Brookman hope you have some spare time to watch me and my friend play.
Neither of us are pro, but we do play a lot.

Here is what I think my problem is, I just recently found a group of skilled players at my university, before this Ive played only people of similar skill level and LOTS of computers. So basically im trying to break some seriously ingrain'd v PC bad hobbits.
My opponent (Max) is more experienced than me and the speed and tech skill throws me off right away and I tech error all over the place missing SHFFL's, wavelands, and full hoping all over the place all the while his methodical style punishing very efficiently.
What I'm trying to work on the most is Spacing, Tech consistently , and DI. Also I feel i suffer from punishing, after baiting anything i don't know what/how to punish right and when i land hits you can see moments were i stand still because im thinking to long.
Two videos, Marth is his main and gives me the most trouble and the v Sheik is the only vid i think were i actually hit a little bit of a stride, both vids are a slaughter and My own skills look very bad. So any advice id really appreciate, I practice all the time, read, and watch videos i do have the drive to become a good player but seem to have hit this wall in my progression.
P.S.- I also understand the bottom line here is probably just I need to play more, but still if you have any thoughts :).
Thanks-
Alotsa

Fox(me)vMarth

Fox(me)vSheik

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'll be writing my schedule up tonight, so I'm thinking thursday will be the most convenient time for me to do this.

I'll probably go ahead and make a new thread for the sake of . . . cleanliness.

I'm actually a little busy getting ***** for the week by m2k

odinNJ

Smash Lord
yo alotsa. The biggest general problem i saw is that whenever you had the chance, you ran straight at marth. laser a little, camp the marth, marths approach is awful. so just laser a bit more, and dont just fly in attacks.

Alotsa

Smash Cadet
yo alotsa. The biggest general problem i saw is that whenever you had the chance, you ran straight at marth. laser a little, camp the marth, marths approach is awful. so just laser a bit more, and dont just fly in attacks.
hey thanks for looking at my vids, can you be more specific about how marths approach is terrible?

:phone:

Top Bottom