• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Broken sounds on Roy and Mewtwo

DraconisMarch

Smash Apprentice
So the sounds for both Roy and Mewtwo suddenly started sounding weird. None of the moves they do make the normal sound; they're all replaced with weird, distorted ones. This came out of nowhere and is only on these two characters, so maybe something was corrupted? What files should I try to replace to fix this?

DraconisMarch

Smash Apprentice
check the sfx folder has everything from the default build.

Or just put the whole PM build back on your SD card.
Comparing the sfx folder on my SD card with the base sfx folder, it was indeed missing files, so I just deleted it and replaced it with the base sfx folder. This fixed the problem with Mewtwo, so I thought all was well and good, but as I was playing Samus, her sounds progressively started to stop working--namely the sound of her double jump and her up B.

Go back into the sfx folder on my SD card and it's totally empty. Tried to copy all of the files from the base sfx folder to my sfx folder and it failed on some of them, so the folder is clearly corrupted, and continues getting corrupted somehow simply by playing the game.

This has been a recurring problem for me, and I don't know why. Has anyone else had this happen? If anyone can help with this, I'd appreciate it.

DraconisMarch

Smash Apprentice
Recommended course of action:

Format card
Start with Default build.
Add one mod at a time till you find out whats causing it.
But I have like, a dozen different stages, a hundred songs, and dozens of skins. It'd take forever to do that. >.<

Top Bottom