• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Broken Move

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys

So I was playing some For Glory last night and I met a really good Zero Suit. Sure, he was a good player, but honestly I don't see how this move can't be fixed in a patch. There was no way, not the slightest frame to act to dodge or anything.
Back-Throw + Down-B is majorly broken, and has 100% kill when grabbing someone at 32%!! As you can see here demonstrated in this video:

http://www.twitch.tv/vreyvus/c/5721440

I'm not the kind of guy who goes on to a forum to whine about nerfs and buffs. I can stand fighting Diddy, but if I am seeing that this Zero Suit thing is becoming a thing (if it isn't already, I don't know?) then I'm gonna throw my controller. It wasn't just a "1 lucky moment" thing, he actually used it many times over and over.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Bro I said that was guaranteed in one of the random threads it depends on a few variables like what character they are /weight,
move stales , whether it's b-throw or f-throw and their DI.
I need to stop being lazy and compile a list :(.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Bro I said that was guaranteed in one of the random threads it depends on a few variables like what character they are /weight,
move stales , whether it's b-throw or f-throw and their DI.
I need to stop being lazy and compile a list :(.
This is the first time I'm in the Zero Suit forum, but I looked through for this but could not find it. So I made a post!

I tried DI it so many times, in all possible directions but it just wouldn't work. I doesn't feel like it should be such a powerful move, not that any character should have one as such. In comparison to regular spike attacks, this one is near effortless to execute.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
This is the first time I'm in the Zero Suit forum, but I looked through for this but could not find it. So I made a post!

I tried DI it so many times, in all possible directions but it just wouldn't work. I doesn't feel like it should be such a powerful move, not that any character should have one as such. In comparison to regular spike attacks, this one is near effortless to execute.
its heavily punishable so its ability to just straight up murder you in cold blood is well earned when it's done right and unfortunately the only thing i can say is try not to be so close to the edge because then if push comes to shove you could always tech when your spiked and grab the ledge.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I love to do this all day long but as already stated, this is a very specific situation. Wrong percentage, different percentage for every character and DI can completely turn the tides when you do that and just end up missing. Also I've never seen it happen in tournaments and I'm pretty sure all high level players are aware of this.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
I love to do this all day long but as already stated, this is a very specific situation. Wrong percentage, different percentage for every character and DI can completely turn the tides when you do that and just end up missing. Also I've never seen it happen in tournaments and I'm pretty sure all high level players are aware of this.
DI didn't help, as said, I tried all sort of DI. But none of them seemed to work.
As I said earlier im not the guy that comes over to complain, and the responds I've gotten so far of course protect Zero Suit since you all play her. I just don't think any character should have a "Oh at 30% I grab and then instant kill the guy"-move. Its worse than Diddy Kong tbh.

its heavily punishable so its ability to just straight up murder you in cold blood is well earned when it's done right and unfortunately the only thing i can say is try not to be so close to the edge because then if push comes to shove you could always tech when your spiked and grab the ledge.
I don't really know how to respond to this. Staying away from the ledge is like telling someone not to get knocked out. And I don't know what tech you are talking about since I was hit in the air?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
DI didn't help, as said, I tried all sort of DI. But none of them seemed to work.
As I said earlier im not the guy that comes over to complain, and the responds I've gotten so far of course protect Zero Suit since you all play her. I just don't think any character should have a "Oh at 30% I grab and then instant kill the guy"-move. Its worse than Diddy Kong tbh.

I don't really know how to respond to this. Staying away from the ledge is like telling someone not to get knocked out. And I don't know what tech you are talking about since I was hit in the air?
If it's so bad and worse than Diddy why do we never see it in tournaments?
Also as pichu said, just react fast enough after getting spiked. shouldn't be a problem at 30% for 80% of the cast since recovery is so strong in this game.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Well I'll try to rephrase that I guess, In the video the position I saw you at was relatively close to the left side of the edge where she grabbed you and threw you following up with the spike. IF you were focused on being solely as close to the center of the stage as you can since that is your main issue you will find your self living to higher %s and then being salty to something like her up B at 110% instead of that combo (which is a more salt conjuring move).

Also Even if she can spike you depending on the stage and where she spikes you from , IE if she threw you off stage near the center but you still were slightly off stage when you get spiked you should be able to press the shield button to tech the side of the stage on your way down and that in turn will let you either automatically grab the ledge when your tech is finished or do your standard recovery.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't near the wall, so I couldn't tech anything. And I know, because I have done it once before.

I just think I will leave this thread now before we get to any unnecessary discussions. I've already told you that DI didn't work whatsoever for me, and I know I executed it properly testing it for over 12~ matches.

So, Merry Christmas folks.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I can at least guarantee you that we will look into this in detail.
I'll try to do it on monday together with a friend and will post results.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
DI down.
Flip Kick takes longer to connect.
Air-dodge to avoid the delayed kick.
I was certain I did it, maybe it has to do with % or i might've believed I did it properly.
If it works then it is a lifesaver, so I thank you for this information :)

Also, I didn't want to come off as 'rude' or anything earlier in this thread. It just so happens that it is easy to think of someone who discusses to be any like that. Especially when writing and not talking (it makes huge difference, i am sure you understand)

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
As ZSS players, it is insulting when you're essentially telling us we're bad because we can't consistently land this.
Please take that into consideration next time we respond to you~

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I finished my research.
I tried the back throw into dspecial on every single character in the game with every DI option and it doesnt work on a single one if you DI down except for Kirby and Jiggs, but they can DI up instead to escape it.

Top Bottom