• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bread and Butter! Fundamentals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunybear

Smash Ace
OK so I decided to pick up this character and I was wondering what is the core fundamentals of this character.
Things i should know or look out for?
Strengths and weaknesses?
Bread and butter tech skill?
Good and bad match ups?
How to play the natural?
Uncommon knowledge?
Advantages stages?
Basically how should they be played as base level. Don't be afraid to state the obvious because that might be exactly what i need. All advice is welcome!

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Homie you're asking for an enormous body of work, a lot of which has been done for your already. Go to the first post of the Falco general discussion thread and read every PPMD post linked in there (you can probably ignore mentality for a while unless you're interested in it).

Read the match up thread, it's a little old but honestly most of it is still relevant.

Go study Falco's frame data, then the frame data of every character you're likely to face in tournament.

Falcos live and die on the strength of their punishes, even more so than Fox, he's the epitome of glass cannon, so punish, punish punish, combo CPUs forever until your fingers bleed. Work on floaty combos, fast fallers, mid weights.

Watch videos religiously to source ideas on follow ups.

Learn to DI, it's unbelievably important.

XMLGPichuX

Smash Rookie
Homie you're asking for an enormous body of work, a lot of which has been done for your already. Go to the first post of the Falco general discussion thread and read every PPMD post linked in there (you can probably ignore mentality for a while unless you're interested in it).

Read the match up thread, it's a little old but honestly most of it is still relevant.

Go study Falco's frame data, then the frame data of every character you're likely to face in tournament.

Falcos live and die on the strength of their punishes, even more so than Fox, he's the epitome of glass cannon, so punish, punish punish, combo CPUs forever until your fingers bleed. Work on floaty combos, fast fallers, mid weights.

Watch videos religiously to source ideas on follow ups.

Learn to DI, it's unbelievably important.
You are talking to a spambot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom